Will My Homeowners Insurance Cover My Mortgage?

We are getting calls asking if their mortgage loss of use coverage on homeowners policy? It is not a direct incident, so homeowners’ policies do not cover your mortgage. If your house burns down and you need to live in a hotel, it would cover that, but not your mortgage, that would still be due on your home loan. Call us anytime with questions.

Loss of Use for Homeowners Policy

Homeowners policies only provide coverage for moving to temporary housing when your home can’t be used.

The question, Will my cover my mortgage or rent if I can’t pay it.

No, most insurance policies will not cover your mortgage or rent.

Spring Storm Damage

Roof Damage from a Storm? Call you insurance broker! Are you a homeowner who experienced roof damage due to the spring storms? If so, it’s

Read More »

Insurance Agent vs Broker

What the difference between an insurance agent and a insurance broker? https://trunnellinsurance.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Broker-vs-Agent.mp4 Trunnell Insurance Services in an independent insurance broker, not an agent. We work

Read More »